WikiHouse Foundation is an open technology startup developing digital infrastructure for the built environment in the 21st century. We are looking for a talented developer / designer to join our team, and be involved in one the most exciting and ambitious projects in the world: to digitise (and democratise) the production of the built environment.
We are looking for someone to join the WikiHouse Foundation dev team to build the CMS for our website and then assist with the development of our new ‘openchain’ platform - the first ‘smart’ supply chain for homes.
The role will initially be a short-term (3 month) engagement on a part-time or flexible basis, with potential for a longer term role depending on your skills, fit and enthusiasm.
Necessary / immediate skills
- Experience working on Ruby on Rails projects
- Able to write and edit responsive HTML5 templates & CSS
- Willingness to use version control (git) to collaborate on projects
- Passion for building interfaces and experiences that are simple, beautiful and delightful to use.
Useful / longer term skills
- Any understanding of, or experience using React & Redux
- Enjoys working in a small, friendly, flexible, collaborative team, with world-leading ideas and a huge social mission.
- An instinct for working in an agile, rapid way; building working MVPs, then continuously iterating and improving them.
- Experience working with Three.js and/or WebGL
- Interest in reactive programming (e.g. RXJS, most.js)
- Any parametric/CAD design software experience
Initial rate £250 per day (flexible working) / £45,000 (part time pro-rata).
London-based preferable, but not essential.
Please apply to Helen Lawrence: [email protected] with your CV. Tell us what you could bring to the WikiHouse Foundation and when you could start. Please note we will not recruit via an agency. Please do not contact us as an agent.